Welcome to Snowflake SnowConvert for Google BigQuery. Let us be your guide on the road to a successful migration.
SnowConvert is a software that understands Google BigQuery SQL and Procedural Language, and performs the following conversions:
SnowConvert for Google BigQuery is still under a development phase and therefore, some functionality is still pending to be implemented.
Before we get lost in the magic of these code conversions, here are a few terms/definitions so you know what we mean when we start dropping them all over the documentation:
- SQL (Structured Query Language): the standard language for storing, manipulating, and retrieving data in most modern database architectures.
- PL/pgSQL: Procedural Language for SQL. This is the language used in Google BigQuery to define procedures.
- SnowConvert: the software that converts securely and automatically your Google BigQuery files to the Snowflake cloud data platform.
- Conversion rule or transformation rule: rules that allow SnowConvert to convert from a portion of source code to the expected target code.
- Parse: parse or parsing is an initial process done by SnowConvert to understand the source code, and build up an internal data structure to process the conversion rules.
Let's dive into the code conversions that Mobilize.Net SnowConvert can perform.