Comment on page
Snowflake SnowConvert Documentation
Everything you need to know about the premier code conversion tool to move legacy code to Snowflake.
Conventional data platforms and big data solutions struggle to deliver on their fundamental purpose: to enable any user to work with any data, without limits on scale, performance, or flexibility. Whether you’re a data analyst, data scientist, data engineer, or any other business or technology professional, you’ll get more from your data with the reinvented data warehousing that Snowflake can provide. Included in the many benefits of transitioning to world's leading cloud-based data platform are:
- Multi-cluster and shared data: allows you to process enormous quantities of data with maximum speed and efficiency.
- Micro-Partitioning: allows you to securely and efficiently store customer data.
- Delivered as a service: allows you to eliminate the administration and management demands of traditional data platforms.
- Data Platform built for any cloud: the separation of services from storage and compute allows multiple, compute clusters to simultaneously operate on the same data
- Better Performance and throughput: outperforms traditional methods for executing data workloads.
- Support for all data: allows you to query both structured and machine-generated, semi-structured data (i.e., JSON, Avro, XML, Parquet).
Snowflake SnowConvert is an easy-to-use software that lets you jump-start the modernization of your conventional data platform to the reinvented Snowflake Data Warehousing Architecture. To achieve this modernization, SnowConvert understands your source SQL (such as Oracle, SQL Server, and Teradata SQL) and translates SQL to Snowflake SQL. Once your original code is converted, you'll be able to start enjoying all the benefits of Snowflake.
Currently, SnowConvert is available for the following source platforms: